- Not enough time. There are two of us and one of us works full-time, the other part-time. One of us works during the week and the other on the weekends. We don’t have enough hours where we are both free at the same time to work on the book. Thankfully, we use the Review option in MS Word to make comments to each other, and it actually works out well. Even if there is a waiting period for a response.
Can you give us a short synopsis of your book?
- Elise Phillips returns home and runs into an old acquaintance from college. Luke Long was a player back then, and Elise has always resisted his charms. But now, after a drunken night of sex, she wakes up in his bed. She vows to never sleep with him again, but Luke is determined to have her once more. They enter a discreet friends-with-benefits relationship, because what harm can come from a dirty little secret?
What inspired you to write this book?
- We wanted to write a fun romantic comedy. But one of the main characters is inspired by R. (of R.L.)’s two sons because there are not enough Asian American heroes in romance novels.
How many hours per day do you spend writing?
- That totally varies. Anywhere from two to six hours when in full writing mode. But then, like right now, we are in the middle of releasing two new books so there hasn’t been any new writing. A lot of editing and getting the books read for release.
Name your top five favorite books.
- Gone Too Far – Suzanne Brockmann
- Lover Awakened – J.R. Ward
- Mr. Perfect – Linda Howard
- Lady Be Good – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- To Love A Man – Karen Robards
- Dream Man – Linda Howard
- Dark Lover – J.R. Ward
- Bet Me – Jennifer Crusie
- The Mane Squeeze – Shelly Laurenston
- Killjoy – Julie Garwood
What are you working on now?
- We are working hard on getting the fourth book, Forbidden Addiction, in our steamy paranormal Forbidden series ready for release in August. After that, who knows…we have had a few readers mention loving Nate from Dirty…
Author: R.L Kenderson
Genre: Contemporary Romance
He’s a player. She’s too smart to let him in her pants. Until a night of drunken sex has her kicking herself and vowing she’ll never let it happen again. Or will she?
Elise Phillips returns home due to her father’s illness and doesn’t expect to run into an old acquaintance from college. Luke was a player back then and seems to be a player now, and Elise had always prided herself on not being another notch on his bedpost. But when a few rounds of pool and a couple of shots lead to one night of hot sex, Elise knows that it can never happen again.
Luke Long has always thought of Elise as the pretty girl that was friends with his roommate’s girlfriend, but now she’s all grown up. When their night of passion rocks Luke’s world he knows he must have her again.
The two enter a friends-with-benefits relationship with the agreement that they’re just going to have fun. But when Elise sees a side of Luke she didn’t know existed, she finds herself falling in love, without realizing there’s a side to her that could ruin it all.
Dirty is the first contemporary romance from paranormal romance author R.L. Kenderson. If you like laughing out loud, sexy book boyfriends, playful couples, and dirty, dirty sex, then you’ll love this fun contemporary romance.
Get your copy of Dirty and start falling in love today!
R.L. Kenderson is two best friends writing under one name. Renae has always loved reading and in third grade wrote her first poem where she learned she might have a knack for this writing thing. Lara remembers sneaking her grandmother’s Harlequin novels when she was probably too young to be reading them, and since then she knew she wanted to write her own.
When they met in college, they bonded over their love of reading and the TV show Charmed. What really spiced up their friendship was when Lara introduced Renae to romance novels. When they discovered their first vampire romance, they knew there would always be a special place in their hearts for paranormal romance. After being unable to find certain storylines and characteristics they wanted to read about in the hundreds of books they consumed, they decided to write their own.
They both live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area where they’re a sonographer/stay-at-home mom/wife and pharmacist/mother by day and a sexy author by night. You can find them at http://www.rlkenderson.com, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, and Goodreads. Or you can email them at email@example.com. They always love hearing from their readers.
Barnes & Noble